economic support 
    division manager - SHEILA DRAYS


Henry Dodge Office Building
199 County Road DF
Second Floor
Juneau, WI 53039








Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


The Dodge County Economic Support (ES) Unit, a member of the Capital Consortium, provides assistance to those experiencing economic hardship. The Capital Consortium consisted of Adams, Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Juneau, Richland, Sauk, and Sheboygan counties. The ES Unit determines eligibility for FoodShare, Child Care, Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus Medical Assistance programs. Dodge County ES Unit also manages participants who are referred to the Children First Program.

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

The following can be done online and/or by phone: 
    ♦  Apply for benefits   ♦   Report Changes
    ♦  Ask questions         ♦   Make/reschedule an appointment 
            OnlineAccess (Click link - will open in new window.)
            Phone: 1-888-794-5556 
            Fax: 1-855-293-1822

 Learn about Health Insurance and your new coverage options  Learn about your new coverage options  Have health insurance questions Health Insurance Questions - Spanish 

 For more information regarding Wisconsin Income Maintenance consortia: - Forward Health (Click link - will open in new window.)

Office hours are Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Appointments can be scheduled
outside of normal office hours upon request.

Spanish speaking interpreters are available on site.
Interpreters for other languages can be made available upon request.

The unit provides services through the following public assistance programs:
(Click on a link below to view more information. When clicked, new window will open.)

Children First
Non custodial parents are court ordered to Economic Support to assist them in seeking and obtaining employment. They must participate in this program for 16 weeks or until they have paid three consecutive months of child support.

Food Share (formerly known as Food Stamps)
Food Share can be used to pay for food in order to make it easier for persons to have a healthy adequate diet. Some clients may be referred to the Food Share Employment and Training Program for assistance in seeking and obtaining employment. 

Food Share Employment & Training (FSET)
The purpose of FSET is to provide Food Share recipients the assistance and support they need to obtain competitive employment. FSET utilizes the strengths, needs and preferences of the job seeker to provide services that will result in successful competitive employment, while promoting economic self-sufficiency.

General Assistance:
General Assistance is targeted to individuals who are unable to work, are applying for Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) and are not eligible for any other type of assistance. He/she must have been a county resident for at least 60 consecutive days before applying, may not receive benefits or services for more than six months in any twelve-month period and must sign an agreement to repay the Department for all relief benefits.  

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
May assist in paying heating bills by making a one-time payment to the fuel supplier for each heating season (October 1 through May 15) for a portion of the heating bills.  

In order to be eligible for Medical Assistance an individual must belong to one of the following groups: 
    ♦ Under age 19 
    ♦ Over age 65 
    ♦ Disabled as defined by Social Security. 
    ♦ Part of a family where one or both parents are either unemployed or incapacitated, 
    ♦ Part of a family where only one parent is living in the home as a result of divorce,
        separation, and unmarried parenthood. 
    ♦ Be a pregnant woman. 
    ♦ Be uninsured and low income.

    Please refer to the following web sites for additional Medicaid program
(external links, will open in a new browser window):

    ♦ BadgerCare
    ♦ HMO/Managed Care
    ♦ Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP) 
    ♦ Medicare Premium Assistance Program 
    ♦ Wisconsin Well Woman Program

Wisconsin Shares - Child Care
Assistance for childcare costs for those who are working, attending high school or looking for work. Single parent households will be referred to the Child Support Agency.

Please refer to the following websites for additional program information:

    ♦ ACCESS - Your Connection to Programs for Health, Nutrition and Child Care
    ♦ Caretaker Supplement
    ♦ Child Support On Line Services
    ♦ Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
    ♦ Dislocated Workers
    ♦ Divestment
    ♦ Earned Income Tax Credit
    ♦ Estate Recovery
    ♦ Job Seeker Services
    ♦ Job Center of Wisconsin
    ♦ Kinship Care Program
    ♦ National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
    ♦ SeniorCare
    ♦ United States Department of Health and Human Services
    ♦ USDA Food and Nutrition Services (FNS)
    ♦ Worker’s Compensation

As of January 1, 2013 the Wisconsin Works (W-2) program in Dodge County is run by:

Forward Service Corporation
They are located at:
820 Park Ave., Suite E
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin 53916
Their phone numbers are:
920-356-9904 & 920-356-9902

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write:

Director, Office of Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY)

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, and in some cases religion and political beliefs. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) also prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familiar or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination with USDA, Complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form, found online at:

at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)-690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Services at (800)-877-8339; or (800)-845-6163 (Spanish).USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer



Last updated: 11/16/2016 11:00:53 AM