Effective September 1, 1998, all cars and light trucks (8,000 pounds or less) must display license plates within two business days of purchase. License Applied For (“L.A.F.”) signs are no longer accepted.

Where to Apply:

Dodge County Clerk's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.


Dodge County Administration Building
127 East Oak Street

Juneau, WI 53039


You may also apply at many Department of Motor Vehicle Service Centers.


Documentation Needed:
    - Completed MV1, which is available at the County Clerk Office, Department of Motor Vehicle Offices, or local police agencies. The person(s) who is the intended owner(s) is required to sign this form.
    - The Wisconsin Certificate of Title for the vehicle signed by the seller(s) and purchaser(s). The odometer reading needs to be on the form, along with the purchase price.
    - A lien release if there is a lien holder listed on the Wisconsin Certificate of Title.
If it is a situation where a Power of Attorney is being used to transfer title, a signed copy of the Power of Attorney must be provided.
    - A check or money order for the fee due. The fee is computed on the MV1 or MV5 form and will be sent to the Registration Fee Trust. It is best to wait to complete the check or money order until the amount due is verified by office staff.
    - A separate $5.00 counter fee paid to the County Clerk Office. This fee can be paid in cash, check, or money order. This is separate from the temporary plate fee sent to the Registration Fee Trust.


Plate Expiration:

    - The temporary license plate is good for 90 days from the date issued. Permanent license plates will arrive in the mail within 90 days.

    - If the temporary plate is damaged or destroyed, the County Clerk Office will issue another temporary plate at no additional cost if it issued the original temporary plate.


For further information or questions contact:

Dodge County Clerk's Office 
(920) 386-3600

Last updated: 6/26/2015 1:31:23 PM