Recording and Filing Fees
New recording fee of $30.00 [PDF] takes effect June 25, 2010.
Fees are governed by Wisconsin Statutes and are uniform throughout the State. Deeds, Mortgages, Land Contracts, Satisfactions, Certified Survey Maps, etc. and Miscellaneous Documents are entitled to be recorded or filed in the Register of Deeds Office:
Fee - per document: $30.00 (includes all pages)
Note: Maximum Size Sheet: 8 1/2" x 14." One side of a sheet constitutes a page and any riders attached are considered another page.
- Termination of Decedent's Property Interest (Form HT-110) and Transfer on Death to Beneficiary (Form TOD-110) - Fee: $30.00 per document (includes all pages)
- Federal Tax Liens and Releases - Fee: $30.00 per document (includes all pages)
Copies of recorded or filed documents are $2.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. For certified copies, add $1.00 per document for certificate.
Recorded documents will be returned to sender or designee.
Subdivisions, Cemetery, Condominium Plats - Fee: $50.00
Transportation Project Plats - Fee: $25.00 per page
Recorded plats are not returned to sender.
Note: Maximum sheet size for a Condominium Plat: 14" x 22."
Real Estate Transfer Fees
- A receipt from a transfer return form and fee or exemption number is required for all conveyances EXCEPT when exemptions 1 or 10m apply.
- Form is to be completed online at the Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Current rate of fee is $3.00 per $1000 of value rounded up to the next higher hundred. See form for exceptions
- Valuation must always be shown EXCEPT when an exemption 3 or 10 applies
- Transfers involving rental property must be accompanied by one of the following Department of Commerce forms, unless the property already has a certificate of compliance recorded:
- Certificate of Compliance
- Stipulation: Validation fee: $20.00* - If not already validated
- Waiver: Validation fee: $20.00* - If not alreadly validated
* Validation fee is in addition to the document recording fee.
- Birth Certificate: $20.00
- Marriage Certificate: $20.00
- Death Certificate: $20.00
- Domestic Partnership Certificate: $20.00
- Termination of Domestic Partnership Certificate: $20.00
Additional copies of same document furnished at the same time: $3.00. These fees apply to certified and non-certified copies. More information on our Vital Records page.
We do not accept out-of-state personal checks. Please pay with a money order.